So, who would've thought that ONE HOUR difference could wreak such havoc in a young boy's life? Carter was on a terrific routine for Sundays with our 1pm church time. He had a two hour nap right before leaving for church and has been a really super kid during sacrament meeting. Yesterday, however, he turned into a little "monster" as Tyson called him. He threw a few full-out, on-the-ground tantrums during sacrament meeting. If he gets taken out of sacrament meeting, he knows he can't get on the ground, he has to sit with us and fold his arms in the foyer. I could hear him in the foyer screaming "Mama, Mama" for 20 minutes when Tyson took him out. Finally, I took him into a classroom where the sound was a little more muffled to make him sit....it was really a hard meeting. He still had a nap before church, but it had to be shortened because we slept in a little because of the time change. We were just amazed that bumping things forward one hour made such a difference. I'm really trying this week to get him adjusted to the new time schedule so we don't have a repeat "monster" Sunday.
Here are some pics of Carter wearing his Daddy's tie. Obviously, he wasn't too thrilled, but we thought it was adorable.


Sunday afternoon, Tyson, Carter, and I took a walk up at Rock Canyon. It was such nice weather! We hiked all the way past the Covey's backyard area. Carter loved it...especially exploring EVERYTHING. At the really rocky parts of the trail, he would say "uh...uh...uh" as he tried to keep his balance...it was so cute.

Tyson picked me this "mountain flower." What a sweetheart!

Carter "marching" with my flower in tow.

He was really dragging behind during the tail end of our hike, so...
Tyson found a long stick and stripped it into a long pole. He held onto one end and Carter to the other. Carter thought it was great fun. I thought it was just plain adorable. When Tyson went faster, Carter did everything he could to keep his little legs moving fast and hang onto the pole. Seeing as we had such a great object lesson right at our fingertips, we taught Carter about the iron rod and holding on tight to the gospel.



When we got home after our walk, we went to Susannah Campbell's blessing open house upstairs and had a yummy dinner and treats. Then, we made cookies (a recipe from Tyson's mission) for a sick family that Tyson hometeaches and some friends. Carter loved helping Daddy...especially when it involved sticking his hands in the dough. He also enjoyed helping me make the dough into balls. The only hard part for him was waiting for the cookies to bake. He kept trying to open the oven. Finally, I turned on the oven light and he watched through the glass.

It was such a great Sunday (besides that throwing fits in church part). Coming out of a day like that, I feel so thankful for my little family. I have an amazing husband and a really sweet and loving son. They are keepers for sure!

It was such a great Sunday (besides that throwing fits in church part). Coming out of a day like that, I feel so thankful for my little family. I have an amazing husband and a really sweet and loving son. They are keepers for sure!
1 comment:
Thank you soooo much for the yummy yummy cookies! It's not much fun when kids get sick {as you know} and your little visit and treat made for a wonderful suprise for all of us! You are a sweetie and an amazing mom!
Post a Comment