Preschool has begun once again...hence my lack of posting for over a month. I started back up August 18 and have been going strong almost a full month! This semester, I filled four classes to capacity and teach every weekday. M/W/F morning and afternoon classes (my oldest kids) and T/TH morning and afternoon classes (the young ones). Taylee and Carter are doing awesome with the whole schedule which I am so glad about. Carter is right on with the older classes and I am so proud watching him hold his own with older kids. Taylee also exhibits many traits typical of a one year old raised by a preschool teacher mom...her favorite song is ABCs (seriously-when she's upset, she wants this song), she's points at letters she recognizes in books, signs, etc and says "A, aahh," and she tries to tattle on and boss around the big kids. She's definitely 16 months going on 16 years. A few weeks ago, she figured out how to push Carter's buttons. She'll turn to him, point, and say "baby, baby." Carter immediately startes whining, "I'm not a baby. Tell her I'm not a baby." Upon hearing this, Taylee begins taunting more and louder, "baby, baby." And so it continues until we can either get Taylee to stop or remove her from the situation. Though there are the few "issues" these two have, they're actually starting to play really well together also. It's so fun to watch them imaginary play together...they come up with the most random stories and scenarios to act out. They are definitely the loves of our lives and have changed us for the better.
Tonight for family home evening, Tay and Carter dressed up as Nephites and Lamanites
August 28 was Carter's 3rd birthday. It was a full-day party and I took probably 100 pictures of everything from waking up, special breakfast, opening presents, preschool activities, Dinosaur cake and party and having a good time with cousins, aunts, and uncles. Unfortunately (more like totally heartbreaking for me) they were accidentally deleted by Tyson the day after Carter's birthday. I was seriously devastated. I am such a picture fanatic that losing all pics of such a big day in Carter's life tore me apart. I've since pulled myself together and made another cake (though not a cool dinosaur one) for photo ops. His original cake was a cupcake cake in the shape of the number 3 with green coconut for grass, oreo crumbles for dirt, gummy dinosaurs, and jellybelly dinosaur eggs. There were even plastic dinosaurs eating some of the gummy ones...and a waffle cone volcano erupting with chocolate. I think the whole day was a success, he was one happy boy.
Taylee's growing hair has been another super exciting thing for me. I've been trying out all kinds of different hairdos and I think she actually enjoys getting her hair done. She's such a girly girl...finding anything with holes to wear as bracelets, trying on any misc clothing left within reach, and brushing people's hair with her barbie brushes.
Over labor day weekend, Jamin, Shanda, & the kiddos came over for game night. We played into the night (and until 4:30 the next morning...whoops!) The kids stayed entertained by "camping" in Carter's room.
Another family night activity...making homemade pizzas and bubbles
We actually made the homemade bubbles during preschool and tested them out...Carter was a pro. This Friday we'll use a hula hoop to lift bubbles up over us.
Tara & Kreg have been in town from Alaska and we've loved getting to know Luke. He is one super cute kid! Taylee has really enjoyed having a cousin her age to play with.

I don't know anyone who changes the furniture in their house as much as me. I seriously cannot go more than 6 months with things the same. Here's the latest change in both kids' rooms. My pez collection has been bouncing around the house forever, so I decided to use it as part of the decor in Carter's room. I also finally got a tree up in Taylee's room. Now I'm just waiting to put up pictures of some of the women in Taylee's life up on the branches. My parents also brought up my childhood barbie house (made by my grandparents and parents) and it has found it's home in Taylee's room. She and Carter both really love it.
6 comments:
wow your kids are so cute, tecia! and their rooms! and i love your new family picture. today i saw caleb for the first time in 9 years! it was so fun. i'm glad you guys are doing well!
Busy, busy is right! Way to go Taylee, keeping up with the big kids! And my kids LOVED the giant bubbles! They thought they were so cool!
wow have you been busy!!
tay's hair is getting so long!! i'm loving the 'do's!!
love the pez decor and that awesome tree as well!
miss you.
ps...the whole picture "incident" would have devastated me too...isn't there some sort of back up system in those dang cards yet??? Ü
Wow! I love all of the rooms decor. You are such a great decorator! Love the new hair dos--how fun to get to do her hair now.
I love these kids so darn much-- they are so beautiful and fun! Tay's hair really has grown; I'm glad you are getting to play with it some more. She's such a pretty little girl!
hey I love your blog! How have you been!!!
Post a Comment